"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser." ~ John W. Gardner

Monday, September 2, 2013



So we have these things in class called "journals." We're supposed to draw something every day we're out of class in our snazzy little sketch books. (btw - it was amazing when we got them. Everyone was feeling the cover, opening and closing it, then smelled the pages. Don't ask. I teased Mrs. Tookey and asked why she didn't get them engraved for us). Anyways, this unit is about still life, so we can draw anything we want (or research an artist/artwork) as  long as it is still life. I did the wheelbarrow on the 31st, and the ink pointillism composition on the 1st. Pretty cool, huh? ;)
I think today I'll research House of the Hanged Man by Paul Cezanne. Our text books mentioned the work and Tookey said we could look up that and write a few things down for our journals. I'll let you know if I find anything interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment